Thursday, May 6, 2010

This week has been exactly what I needed. I've done doubles a few days this week. They feel good. My legs are sore. My arms are sore. I have more energy. I love doubles. This morning would have made day 3, but the silly gym girl was 40 minutes late opening the gym. I get it. Stuff happens. But, when there are over 20 people waiting in the parking lot for you to show up, the least you could do is say that you're sorry for being late. But no. Just look at everyone when they walk in. Don't say anything. That gets you real far in my book. NOT! This morning I had planned a nice hour long recovery swim. I needed it. Instead, I got a 15 minute scramble swim and now I'm grumpy. So, tomorrow I swim.

I've really been contemplating doing Pac Crest again. It was my goal all along to go back to Pac Crest and beat my time. Right now, I know there is no way I am going to beat my time, but it would be some nice reassurance that I am still on the right path if I went back and completed it anyway. My hip finally seems to be on the upward swing of mending. My head is back in the game. My eating is less out of control. I think Pac Crest is just what the doctor ordered. Nothing like a .9 mile swim, 28 mile bike and 6.2 mile run to get your ass in high gear! I'm going to go out to Vancouver Lake this weekend and see how an open water swim feels. I much prefer open water to swimming in a pool... but I am more worried about the distance than anything. If I can do a comfortable mile swim in open water then I will sign up. You hear that? I will sign up.

No comments:

Post a Comment