Thursday, July 22, 2010

It has been brought to my attention that I haven't been keeping up my end of the blogging bargain. So here I am, making an attempt at it once again.

The last few weeks have flown by in a blur. You know the kind... like in a music video where the singer seems to be in slow motion while everyone around them goes about their normal activities at what appears to be a high rate of speed. Ok, that might be a slight exaggeration.

Anyway, I lost a little bit of my mojo and then refound most of it again. I've been teaching the cycle class at the gym two or three times a week and loving every minute of it. There's really no better feeling than having some poor sucker look at you with those, 'you have got to be kidding me' eyes in the middle of class when I pull another cycle trick out of my sleeve. I've been getting a lot of positive feedback. Definitely a lot more than I thought I would get. Sure, there are still those people at the gym who refuse to take my class because of my size. I honestly can say at this point that it's their loss. I'm kicking ass and taking names. Literally.

I also have decided that there is still some time left in the tri season for me to get back in the game. Next weekend I am headed out to Blue Lake for a little sprint triathlon action. Sure, I should have probably thought about it a month or two ago and maybe trained for it... but really, I am just going to go out and give it my best and finish. Shoot, I might even finish last. It doesn't matter. I'll be out there. Doing it. In September I'd like to do an olympic distance tri again. There isn't a ton of time to train, but I know it's doable. Besides, I have convinced my training partner to do the sprint distance at that particular race and I certainly can't let her down, now can I? Haha.

All in all... things are basically the same. My weight is the same. My workouts are about the same. The only thing that's changed is my pants size. I am proud to say that I... the girl who at one time was squeezing my giant ass into a size 30 (yes, that's a size 30 not waist 30) pants can now comfortably fit into a size 18. I had previously set a goal of getting into a 16 by my birthday and basically written that off because my weight hadn't changed... but now I think it's still possible. The dream is alive people. The dream is alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment