Monday, September 20, 2010

This weekend I used one of the gift certificates I won. My sister and I went here:

http://www.laurelhurstmarket.com/

it was amazing. Sure, the wait for a table was 2 hours but they let us leave and come back so it worked out. We walked down to another restaurant (whose name escapes me at the moment) and sat at the bar for a cocktail and charcuterie plate. (I am still not used to remembering to take pictures of things for this blog, but I will try to get better about it.) Here's one of the only pictures I took of the evening, and really... it's the only one that turned out.



After spending a ridiculous amount of money on 2 drinks and an appetizer, we hit up a local hipster bar for a cheaper drink. We were definitely out of our element, but got some really good laughs, so that's all that matters. Finally we walked up to the restaurant and had one of the best meals I have ever had. We started with steak tartar. OMG.



I know what you are thinking... but seriously, it was so good that I am trying to figure out a way to convince my husband that he needs to take me there again. Then we had fried green tomatoes.



Shared a salad of melon and basque peppers. My sister had Mac and Cheese with Tim's chip crust (ewww. I cannot stand mac and cheese, so she got this all to her self) and I had ratatouille. My sister did not like it at all, but I thought it was delish!! Then we decided to cap the night off with a trip to Voodoo Donut. I got the Bacon Maple Bar.



It was ok. Seriously. I am really not sure what all the hype about the voodoo is, cause it was a donut. Maybe that's because donuts and sweet things aren't really my thing. Put some nachos and beer in front of me and it's a whole different ball game.

Saturday morning I taught aqua-aerobics and then played soccer. I scored one of the most fancy looking goals of my life! Haha. It was seriously pure luck, but I'm still excited about scoring. Then I spent the entire afternoon doing a couple projects around the house. Sunday I had personal training and spent 30 minutes doing core exercises. My abs will most likely hurt for days. Then I played 2 soccer games and spent the afternoon taking my grandma (the one that just had surgery on her foot) to dinner and to the store. It was good to get her out of the house and she seemed to really perk up after we got out! All in all, I'd say it was a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment