Tuesday, July 12, 2011

being honest

The last 2 weeks have been the most emotionally draining, exhausting weeks I've had in a very long time. I'm full of anger and sadness all at once. I won't be going into details, but let's just say that I hope to never experience these emotions again.

So, here's the real honesty. The last 2 weeks I've lived basically on fast food. Lunch, dinner, red bull. I'm disgusted with myself and there's not really any excuse. I was busy, hurting, trying to just make it through each day with some sort of functionality. I've gained probably 10 lbs. Sure, most of it will be water retention from the sodium, but some of it is certainly from my diet of taco bells and sonics. I woke up monday morning ready to get back to my own life. I'm on the right eating track, planning ahead. I even went and played tennis for a while yesterday. I'm teaching double spins tonight too. I hate the bumps in the road, but it's definitely another great reminder that of this:

Happiness isn't something ready made. It comes from your own actions.

1 comment:

  1. OK, that just made me crave Taco bell and Sonic! :) I've been better this week, but I've "learned" that it's all about the journey. It's a long (stinking) journey, but we learn about ourselves as we travel. Keep up the good work this week! <3 Mel

    ReplyDelete