Friday, April 9, 2010

Getting it done.

I haven't blogged for a few days because I have been busy working, working out, eating healthfully and brainstorming gift ideas for a new baby boy. It's a little crazy, but some sort of recessed crafting gene has risen in me and all I want to do is create things. I have a whole binder full of tutorials now. A brain chock full of ideas, especially now that the weather is nicer and I can create things for the outside spaces too! Yay!

So here's what I've been doing as far as workouts. I took Monday off to rest my body after the Beaver Freezer. They weren't sore, but I knew they needed a few days off before I hit it hard at the gym. Tuesday had a kick ass hill- climb spin class. Wednesday had a brutal interval spin class. When I say brutal, I mean it. I was huffing and puffing and burned a LOT of calories. Last night I lifted arm weights and did cardio-intervals between sets. They went something like this:
Lift set 1: 10 reps heavy weight
30 seconds of jumping jacks
Lift set 2: 15 reps medium weight
30 seconds of toe taps on the bench
Lift set 3: 20 reps at light weight
Next set:
Lift set 1: 10 reps heavy weight
2 minute run at 5mph
Lift set 2: 15 reps medium weight
1 minute stair climb
Lift set 3: 20 reps at light weight
Let's just say that after an hour of that, I thought I might die. Luckily the gym was full of all sorts of hotties to keep me motivated. Thank you to Brandon for getting the Timbers to workout at my gym. Thank you to Brandon for filling the gym with boxers and ballers and shot-callers.

This weekend I may be a smidge overextended. Tomorrow Erin, Amaya and I are going to look at the tulips and have a picnic lunch. Then it's off to my mom's to utilize her sewing machine and craft like a mad person. Then I would like to bake a lovely something for the baby shower. Sometime I should see my husband who has kindly informed me that he'll be working all weekend anyway... ugh. Then Sunday is church and then baby shower time. Hopefully I'll be done with the gifts and can relax a smidge. Did you notice there aren't any workouts in there? I did. I am hoping that I can get an hour in Saturday, but I plan on hitting it super extra hard tonight just in case I don't make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment