Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The old switcheroo.

I haven't blogged for a few days because I haven't really had much to say. My frustration at this stupid plateau I have hit is mounting and it's all I think about. I think about how much I hate it. I think about how much I want to break it. I look at different workout plans and weight training plans and cardio plans. I have been hunting for a personal trainer or something that will get me over the hump. I am pushing myself harder than before and seeing little result. Ok, no result except sore muscles and a sore knee. Yep. Now my knee is bothering me. Funny that now my hip seems to be doing ok though. I've been icing it every night. I've been taking the anti-inflammatory supplement that the naturopath gave me. Argh. I hate it.

So, here's where I have begun to shake things up a bit. First, I am taking 2 weeks off from spinning. It's hard and it sucks and I hate not spinning, but my body is so used to it that I now burn about 1/2 the calories I did a few months ago. I'm not complaining, it just means that I am now more efficient at it, but I think if I do something different for a few weeks and then go back I'll be able to get the caloric burn that I want/need again. Second, I am lifting weights 2-3 times a week. Sometimes I lift with Brandon (my mock trainer), sometimes with my friend Debbie (who I conned into joining the gym... hahaha) and sometimes with my sister. On the other days I do cardio for at least an hour. In the weightlifting book I bought, it mentions that you should do cardio for 20 minutes... step away for 5 minutes and then repeat. Last night I did 30 minutes on the Precor and then when my mp3 player died I went to my locker, grabbed my other one and then did 30 more minutes. I burned more calories (according to my trusty bodybugg) in that hour than I have for weeks. Perhaps this is what I need to do. Mix it up more. Make cardio more interval based. And yes, I admit that I am completely obsessed with my training and breaking my plateau. Third, I ordered a log to keep track of all of my workouts and food intake. I'd like to keep better track of what I am taking in and also what my workouts are so that if this happens again (which I know it will), I'll be able to see (or show a 'expert' so they can see) where I need to change things up.

I'm over this plateau. Over it dot com. dot edu. dot net. dot whatev. Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment