Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Listening to my body... for once.

So here's the deal. I have been busting my ass for months. I hit a plateau. It happens. Just when I was starting to accept the plateau for what it really is and shake things up, my body has decided to hate me.

My blood sugar has been 'crashing.' Usually this happens about once a month at the gym when I haven't eaten anything with sugar (either naturally occuring or fake) all day. I don't like sugar. So... in the past week, it has happened twice. Both times it was when I wasn't working out. Yesterday it happened while I was driving to get my bosses their lunch. I was standing in the line at Subway and my vision started to go. FYI: Subway used to have raisins, but apparently I was the only one who ever got them so they no longer sell them. I decided to do the stupid thing and wait until I got back to work to have sugar. Bad LeeAnn. By the time I got back to work, my vision was really fuzzy. I downed a packet of raw sugar and waited. Once the sugar hit me, my vision went back to normal, but I was left with a headache for the rest of the day. Beyond that, I have been really thirsty lately and easily drinking over a gallon of water a day on top of my morning coffee and afternoon iced tea. There are some other fun things going on with my body as well that are making me crazy. I've been sleeping terribly. I wake up multiple times a night and even began having nightmares. Really irrational nightmares, which for me is just out of the ordinary. I never had them when I was younger and really, I could have gone my whole life without dreaming of being attacked by spiders with talking doll heads. This morning I woke up with a swollen eye. It looks like someone punched me in the night. The skin around my eye is red and itchy. Seriously? This is getting out of control.

I sent my pcp an email this morning and hopefully she responds quickly. I am crossing my fingers and toes that it's not what I think it is. I'm going to take it easy this week. I have a Girl Scout meeting for Amaya tonight and tomorrow we are going to Kindergarten orientation and then to Akimi and Deb's for dinner and the Blazer game.

No comments:

Post a Comment