Friday, August 27, 2010

My upper body has been annihilated. Did I really sign up for this?? Haha. Just kidding. I had training Wednesday and Thursday nights this week and this morning I woke up thinking and feeling like that may have been a mistake (although it's most likely that I am being a whiney baby).

Wednesday I lifted for back and biceps. It was a tough one and I was pouring sweat about 4 minutes into it. Here's what it consisted of:

isobent row: 25 lbs./15 reps
dumbell reverse fly: 10 lbs./20 reps
superset x 4 (meaning I did the one set of rows and then went straight into the reverse fly and then straight into the second set)

assisted pullups: 20 reps
stiff arm pullover: 40 lbs./20 reps
seated low row: 75lbs./90 lbs. /20 reps
superset x 4

After those, the trainer says, 'prepare for your biceps to die.' Ummm. So I guess this is the point where he makes me cry for my mommy.
pass curls 35 lbs. (these consisted of him doing one biceps curl, passing the bar to me so i can do one, then passing back to him so he does two and so on... up to 10 and then back down to 1)
He now tells me that he thinks he went too light on the weight and next time we start with 40 and work our way up to 50. Oh sheesh.

Thursday night I worked out with a different trainer who decided to destroy my upper body. It was really sweet of him to have me do chest and triceps following that back/biceps workout. NOT!! Here's what that workout went:

chest press: 60 lbs./15 reps x 3 sets
incline chest press: 20 lbs./15 reps x 3 sets
tricep extension: 60 lbs./15 reps x 5 sets
pullovers: 80 lbs./15 reps x 5 sets

And this is when I die. Hahaha. My upper body is pretty darn sore. I can't wait until I have been at this a little longer and it gets harder and I get stronger. I talked with S the trainer for a while last night about nutrition and how to make the most out of my time at the gym. He really wants me to go speak to a nutritionist about my carb/protein ratios. Apparently I don't eat enough of the right kind of carbs. Ugh.

On another note, I am headed for the Gorge this weekend to see Jeith Murban(John Mayer and Keith Urban) in concert at 'heaven's amphitheater.' I am in desperate need of some time away and this will be a great pre-funk to my birthday weekend spent there seeing the dave matthews band. I've made a tentative plan for eating healthy and staying somewhat active. We'll see how it all works out though. I already warned both the trainers that I was most likely going to be on a 6 day liquid diet next week consisting mainly of beer and jello shots. I don't think either one was impressed. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment