Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Back on track...

The thing I struggle with most is eating. I admit it. I like food. I like the way it tastes. I like cooking. I like cooking for other people. I use it as comfort. I, like many other overweight people, have used and abused food for most of my life. It's always been there for me. When I am happy, I celebrate with food. When I am sad, it comforts me. When I am bored, it occupies my time. When I am lonely, it's always been there. Always.

But, my relationship with food is changing. The more motivated and focused I am to Ironman, the more I have started looking at food as fuel. Sure, I still have those times where all I want to do is stuff my face with a plate of nachos or some homemade lasagna. But, those times are becoming fewer and fewer. I eat when I am hungry. This might seem like such a simple thing, but for anyone who has struggled like me, it's not. I have started listening to my body. It tells me when I need to eat and usually what I need to eat. I very rarely eat salty things. But sometimes my body says, 'give me the salt' and I have started obeying.

It seems to be paying off. I am down 3.4 lbs. this week. Yay! I hardly worked out last week due to my injury, so this weight loss is the result of following the plan, drinking lots of water and still doing what I can to move (like swimming). 3.4 down, 48.6 to go.

1 comment:

  1. I REALLY like this post. You and I have more in common than you might suspect.

    ReplyDelete